Adelaide Theosophical Society Library was started soon after the Society moved to the then new premises in King William Street, in 1914. It consisted of a modest collection of books, mainly by theosophical authors – the only ones at that time challenging religious dogma and scientific rationalism.
Over the years, with an ever increasing availability of works from new theosophical, as well as other spiritually –oriented authors, it has accumulated a wide variety of books on many metaphysical subjects.
In 1996 the Society relocated to 310 South Terrace, Adelaide, and the renamed Radcliffe Theosophical Library is today the only one of its kind in South Australia. It offers a comprehensive collection of over 4000 books and over 400 DVD’s and CD’s on Theosophy, religions, science, Eastern and Western philosophies and related subjects.
Its Reference-only collection includes hard- to -find titles such as:
- The Golden Bough in 13 volumes, by Sir James George Frazer O.M.
- The Temple of Man, by R.A.Schwaller De Lubicz
- The Book of Knowledge: the keys of Enoch by J.J.Hurtak
Library Subscription Membership is open to the general public for an annual fee of $22 ($11 concession) plus a refundable deposit of $30 for new Subscribers.
Adelaide Theosophical Society Members automatically receive membership to the library at no charge.